Finding a job & Finding a career
Finding a career and then finding a job is not easy. I know I have been there – thorough all the ups and downs. Well from my experience of 44 years and from my job experience of about 22 years I can say that I learned few things.
When you read the below please take into account that this is my personal experience – and may not fit to your way of looking at life and careers.
I think that the 1st most important thing is to write it all down – so start with a pen and paper. When you think about something in your head again and again you will end up frustrated and with a very big headache. I can tell you that from experience!
So take pen and paper and start with the below. Now – not in 5 minutes or tomorrow:
- Write what is dream job. What you would do if time and money were not in the way.
- Close your eyes, take a deep breath and try to visualize your self working in your dream job. Give your self few minutes for this and then write down what you thought and felt.
- Now write down the ups and downs of your dream jobs. See which if higher the ups or the downs. It is OK if you see that that there more downs than ups. I think that once you wrote it down – and you took a decision you will feel better with your self about it. And any way we have to dream, this is the fuel for our souls – who knows we might win the lottery one day… or find out a rich uncle….
- If you see more downs then up with your dream job. Write a list of the jobs that you can already do (if there are such). Next to each write the level of job satisfaction that you will get from it, and the amount of money that you will get per month. Take a deep breath and look at the list. You will be amazed I assure you once you look at it all written in front of you. Try to pick the job the job that got the higher mix of both money and satisfaction. Go for it.
- If you do not have a job that you would like to do then:
- Write a list of the jobs that you want to train for . Next to each write the level of job satisfaction that you will get from it, the amount of money that you will get per month, the amount of time that it will require to study it and the amount of money that you will need to spend. This may take few hours to write down – but hey take your time this is your future that we are talking about.
- If you manged to decide on your carrer – write a plan to get to your training . Write down a time line and add the amount of hours and amount of money$$$ that it will require. And now – go for it.
And of course you are welcome to browse through the site and look at the different categories. I tried to create post that have links to the most beneficial articles and documents in the web. I spend few hours a day doing this and you can get the info for free…